Monday 10 May 2010

Up, Up and Away

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments on the Sue Rangeley book. So glad you all love it as much as I do.
.
Diane, you are too kind, but I'm glad you find the books useful and for Virginia's book to arrive so quickly is amazing. I liked your comment about our voting system. I think the worst part of it is that, just when we thought the TV news might be about something interesting, we are still seeing our three wise (?) monkeys plastered over the screen!
.
Emma - thanks for wanting to put a WoW button on your blog. When we are back from Italy, I will send you one but at the moment I am in a packing panic.
.
We go the day after tomorrow, ash cloud permitting, and the panic is entirely my own fault as I can't stop playing with the samples and making more. I loved this angel (from a fresco).

.



.

It went so well on this 'old walls' background.

.


.

I am also doing lots of printing in case the promised equipment in Italy plays up. Luckily my techie will be getting it all going (I hope) while the girls and I are playing. Clive and I are having a couple of days off in Italy before the course starts. This is counted as research, so we can find the best places to go and take photos.
.

My house/cat-sitter has arrived and, far from getting a civilised welcome has been sent down to the shops with a list. Good job she is a good friend. Smudge will probably get lots of attention and will be even fatter when we get back. I have discovered that he goes to tea with my neighbour's cats and Janet has to put an extra bowl down!
.

So we are off on Wednesday. I am taking my laptop so will try to blog while on the move.

8 comments:

Amanda Sheridan said...

Fingers crossed, I'll see you on the 19th in Puglia. Looking forward to it immensely so hope the volcano plays ball.
You'll get best wireless reception in the kitchen for internet access. The thick walls don't make for a decent connection elsewhere we found. Give me a shout if you can't figure out the network password - should still have details on my laptop from last year hopefully!

Maggie Grey said...

Thanks Amanda. Would be great to do a form og blog diary as we go along.

xx
Maggie

Heather said...

Hope everything goes smoothly for your trip to Italy - enjoy your days off. Your angel is beautiful and I am very envious of the lucky students who will be in your class.

Sharne Gregory said...

I hope that you manage to get to Italy. I just love that angel! Are you going to do that workshop in England?

Fibrenell said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip - the workshop sounds wonderful and I'm envious of all that Italian cooking you'll be enjoying.
Helen

liniecat said...

Trip sounds fab! Im like you hoping a flight will leave weds tea time for southern spain. Im having a week away at Cabo roig, never been before, or to spain iether.
Have put abit more of the catkill on my blog and also a pic using the black 'stuff' I sent you. only done that so far with it but its interesting 'stuff'.........we all like 'stuff' to play with dont we!
Would love to go to Puglia...enjoyyy

Digitalgran said...

I love the angel Maggie and like Heather I am very envious of the people who will be with you in Italy, ash permitting of course. I hope there will be a clear passage just for you in the sky.

Aussie Jo said...

Have a wonderful trip Maggie, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the resulting pieces. Wish I was there!!